Geran German Shepherds & Cardigan Corgis
- How long have you been breeding and/or showing dogs? 40 years
- What breed(s) do you currently breed and/or show? Currently, I breed and exhibit German Shepherd Dogs and Cardigan Welsh Corgis. I am currently also showing one Australian Cattle Dog and will begin showing a Boston Terrier in 2021.
- How did you get started in your breed(s)? I fell in love with the German Shepherd Dog through the Dog World Magazine at just nine years old. My uncle was a subscriber, and I remember running to the mailbox anxious for the latest addition to arrive. I was able to obtain my first German Shepherd at the age of 12 and the passion for the breed grew from there.
- Do you breed for show, performance, etc? My primary interest is the AKC conformation, but I love watching puppies from my breeding program as well as those sired by my stud dogs performing in multiple performance events.
- Who were/are your mentors? Lorraine Rosinski of Maderia German Shepherds and Nancy Schneider of Schneiderhof German Shepherds. Both have helped me develop my knowledge of type and temperament as well as the motion of the German Shepherd Dog. I was like a sponge, eagerly soaking up the wealth of knowledge for these ladies.
- Did you grow up “in dogs?” I always had pets as a child, but I entered the world of purebred dogs at 12 years old.
- As a breeder, what has been your biggest accomplishment(s)? The producing ability of my bitches. Having bred many Register of Merit dams and multiple Highest Living Register of Merit dams.
- Are there any specific dogs that you consider staples within your breeding program or any dogs of importance? CH Geran’s Always On My Mind ROM OFA H&E, also known as MyMy, is the foundation of my bloodline, of which I am currently on my sixth generation. She was the dam of 10 AKC Champion progeny, top 20 Highest Living ROM Dam, and Top 20 AKC Major Point Producing Dam.
- How many Champions (or can be other titled dogs) have you bred? I have bred 33 German Shepherd Champions, as well as 3 Cardigan Champions.
- What is your biggest or most memorable win (conformation, performance, etc)? Out of all the wins, which includes Best in Specialty wins and a Best in Show Winner, my biggest accomplishment was owner handling a CH MyMy daughter to back to back major wins which completed her championship and in turn completed CH MyMy’s Register of Merit title.