Good Things That Happened in 2020
By Jess Pearson, with input from Dog Show Exhibitors
With many challenges and setbacks in 2020, there were also several good things that happened. Take a look at the list below as we reflect on the good things that happened in 2020:
- Wilma the Boxer (GCHP2 CinniBon’s Bedrock Bombshell) became the top winning Boxer of all time.
- AKC allows virtual titling for Trick Dog, Canine Good Citizen, and Rally
- Nick the Siberian Husky (GCHP Sharin Nick of Dynasty RC) became the top winning Siberian Husky of all time.
- Entrance and Exit rings were a pandemic staple that exhibitors hope continue after the pandemic.
- The Steel Valley Cluster in Canfield, OH has a record breaking weekend with nearly 4,000 entries.
- Dog show entries have been filling shortly after opening, which has not happened in several years.
- Westminster moves to the summer of 2021.
- Exhibitors seemed to have a higher degree of respect for each other as we were all in this together.
- Virtual Dog Shows with stunning rosettes and prizes.
- The Belgian Laekenois, Dogo Argentino, and Barbet become new breeds in 2020.